Marisa Perez-Amorde serves as the College Career Specialist in the Career Center, focused on assisting students in the College of Humanities & Social Sciences with career planning and graduate school preparation. Marisa advises students on career options, preparing and applying for graduate or professional school, and developing other job search skills such as creating a resume, cover letter writing, interviewing and much more. Additionally, Marisa assists students who are interested in pursuing law school and serves as a liaison to employers and our outside community.
Make an appointment with Marisa for help with:
- Career Options with Your Major / Industry Specific Questions
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Job Search or Internship Search
- Mock Interviews/ Interview Prep
- Graduate School Preparation
- Statement of Purpose Reviews
To schedule an appointment, please call the Career Center at (657) 278-3121.
If you don't have time to wait for an appointment, visit the Career Center's Drive-Thru Advisement Hours. No appointment needed: Monday – Thursday 10:00am - 11:45am & 1:00 - 2:45pm
The following services are available during Drive-Thru Advisement:
- Quick 10 minute resume and cover letter review
- Quick 10 minute job search
- Quick 10 minute appointment referral (not a counseling session, but rather referral to resources or appointment with appropriate specialist)
Take advantage of other Career Center resources and services:
- Utilize the career exploration databases including: Eureka Career Database, Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center, and What Can I Do With My Major?
- Search for opportunities (volunteer, internship, part time work, student involvement, etc.) using Titan Connection
- Learn how and where to network with professionals in your area of interest
For additional information, click on the links below:
Scheduling an appointment or visiting during drive-thru advising hours.
Career Center Workshops for H&SS Students
The college of Humanities and Social Sciences offers workshops to help you recognize and communicate the value of your degree. Gain a better understanding of how a Humanities & Social Sciences degree prepares you for the workforce as well as learning how to focus your career or graduate school goals. Workshops also explain how to market your skill sets through tailoring a resume, cover letter and interviewing techniques.
Check back for career workshops scheduled for Fall 2015!
CSUF Career Center: https://www.fullerton.edu/career/
CSUF Center for Internships and Community Engagement: http://www.fullerton.edu/cice/
The Association of American Geographer's Careers page is an excellent source of career information: http://www.aag.org/cs/careers